Private Vehicle Insurance
This is motor insurance that needs to be taken for any private car owned by an individual and is mandated by the Government of India. It covers the vehicle for damages against accidents, fire, natural disasters, theft, and any injury to the owner. It also covers any damages and injuries caused to the third party.
Car Insurance Add-On Covers:
Add-ons are those extra covers that you buy for better financial protection for your car during loss or damage. As the name suggests, add-on plans offer insurance for extra coverages in addition to own damage and third-party liability insurance that a regular motor policy offers. These affect your car insurance premium since you pay extra money for such coverages. The cost is dependent on the make model and age of your car.
TYPE OF ADD-ON COVER
Depreciation: Reimbursement Zero dep insurance cover, also known as Zero Dep policy, is a type of insurance cover that offers complete coverage without factoring in the depreciation value of the vehicle. This means that if your car gets damaged in an accident, you will receive the entire cost from the insurer.
Engine Secure: Insurer will pay you to repair and replacement expenses for the loss or damage to -
- Internal parts of the engine
- Gear Box, Transmission, or Differential Assembly Provided loss or damage is due to water ingress in the engine or leakage of lubricating oil from the engine/respective assembly. Insurance Company will also pay for the lubricating oils/consumables used in the respective assembly, i.e. material used up and needs continuous replenishment such as engine oil, gearbox oil, etc. but excluding fuel.
Consumable: Expenses Insurer will cover the consumables required to be replaced/replenished from an accident to the insured vehicle. Consumable for the purpose of this cover shall include engine oil, gearbox oil, lubricants, nut & bolt, screws, distilled water, grease, oil filter, bearing, washers, clips, break oil, air conditioner gas and items of similar nature excluding fuel.
Tyre Cover: Insurance company will cover expenses for repair and/or replacement, as may be necessitated arising out of accidental loss or damage to tyres and tubes.
In any situation company’s liability would not exceed the following, basis the unused tread depth of the respective tyre;
- Unused tread depth < 3 mm- Considered as normal wear and tear and is not covered
- Unused tread depth of - 3 to =5 to < 7 mm - 75% of the cost of new tyre and/or tube Unused tread depth of > = 7 mm - 100% of the cost of new tyre and/or tube
- Unused Tread depth will be measured at the centre of the tread. Minimum 4 measurements at 4 different places will be taken for the purpose of arriving at means tread depth which will be the basis of indemnity under the coverage.
Whenever replacement of a tyre will be allowed it will be of the same make and specification and if a tyre of a similar specification is not available and replaced tyre is superior to a damaged tyre then Insurance Company will not be liable for betterment charges. A maximum of 4 (four) replacements will be allowed during the Period of Insurance. If damage to the tyre and tube is due to accidental damage to the insured vehicle covered under the “Own Damage” section of the policy. Our liability under this cover will be restricted to the difference in depreciation percentage applied under the “Own Damage” section and as mentioned above basis the unused tread depth.
Tyre which has been used for its full specified life as per manufacturer’s guideline or where the unused tread depth is less than 3 mm.
Return to Invoice: Insurer will pay the financial shortfall between the amount You receive the purchase price of the Vehicle as confirmed in the invoice of sale OR the current replacement price of the new vehicle in case exactly the same make/model is available, whichever is less, in the event of Your Vehicle is a Total Loss/CTL following an accident or stolen during the period of insurance and not recovered. We will also reimburse the first-time registration charges and road tax which You incurred on the insured Vehicle.
Special conditions applicable to this benefit:
- You are the first registered owner of the motor vehicle
- The finance company/bank whose interest is endorsed on the policy must agree in writing.
No Claim Bonus Protection Cover: Insurer will allow you the same No claim bonus, as shown on Your schedule at the time of renewal provided:
- The rate of No claim bonus as shown in the schedule is an accumulation of 2 or more claim-free years and there is no own damage claim in the preceding 2 years.
- Not more than 1 own damage claim is registered in the current period of insurance.
- The renewal of the policy is done with the same Insurance Company within 90 days of the expiry of the policy.
- The claim is not a Total LOSS (TL)/Constructive Total Loss (CTL) Special conditions applicable to this benefit in addition to the general conditions.
- The claim made for damages only to the windscreen glass/rear glass/door glasses sunroof glass, will not be considered as a claim under this benefit.
- The claim only partial theft of accessories/parts will not be considered as a claim under this benefit.
- A claim for theft of an entire motor vehicle will not be considered as a TL/CTL for this purpose provided a new motor vehicle is purchased and insured with us within 90 days of the theft.
Loss of personal belongings: Insurer will pay for the loss or damage to you and your family member’s personal belongings caused by perils of the policy while they are in the vehicle at the time of loss or damage to the vehicle.
Personal belongings for the purpose of this section means items such as clothes and other articles of personal nature likely to be worn, used or carried and includes audio/video tapes, and CDs but excludes money, securities, cheques, bank drafts, credit or debit cards, jewellery, lens, glasses, travel tickets, watches, valuables, manuscripts, paintings and items of similar nature. Any goods or samples carried in connection with any trade or business are not covered.
A police report must be filed for claims due to burglary, house-breaking or theft. The maximum amount payable is limited to. Any claim under this section will be admissible only when there is a valid and admissible claim in respect of the vehicle arising out of the same accident.
Daily Allowances: Insurer will pay You Daily Allowance as mentioned in the schedule to enable you to meet the cost of hired transport to reduce your inconvenience if your Vehicle is damaged.
The allowance would be payable for a maximum period of 10 days during the period of insurance. In case of theft/total loss claim, we will pay for a maximum of 15 days during the period of insurance.
Reasonable time taken for repair in respect of damages not admissible of the policy (as agreed between you, the surveyor & garage/workshop manager) would be excluded for the purpose of computation of Daily Allowance.
Your entitlement of Daily Allowance will start from the following calendar day of Your Vehicle reaching the garage for repair and shall end on the day garage intimates you to take delivery of the vehicle.
Roadside assistance: These services will be offered to you during the policy period as mentioned on your Policy Schedule or Certificate of Insurance.
- Repair and Towing Assistance
- Service for Flat Tyre
- Flat Battery – Jump Start Service
- Repair on the spot
- Spare Key Retrieval / Service for Keys Locked Inside
- Fuel Support (Emergency Fuel Delivery).
Emergency Towing Assistance:
- In case of Break-down
- In case of an Accident
- Key Replacement– We will reimburse you for the cost of replacing your vehicle keys which are lost or stolen.
- Break-in Protection– We will reimburse you for the cost of replacing your locks and keys if your vehicle is broken into. The covered costs include the labour cost for replacing the lock.
For break-in protection claims, you must provide an official police report that confirms the incident happened within the period of insurance.
Some of the situations that are permanently not covered by standard car insurance are:
- Damages incurred while using the car for illegal purposes.
- Damages caused to the car due to its usage beyond limits.
- Loss or damage as a result of war, terror attacks, hostilities or nuclear accidents.
- Damages caused to the car while it was driven by a person under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Accidents found to be fraudulent by the insurance company. Damages caused to the car in an accident while the person driving could not produce a valid license.
- Damages incurred by the car in an accident with an underage driver, or one who drove on the wrong side of the road. Cost of car coolants, petrol, nuts, bolts, etc. Willful damages were caused to the vehicle by the owner.
- Damages caused to the car during a time when the policy had expired and was not renewed.
- Car insurance policies are annual contracts that should ideally be renewed on time, without the occurrence of a gap between the expiry date and the renewal date.
- Damages to the car and its engine due to oil leakage. Consequential losses due to certain actions from a third party or a third-party, and not due to an uncertain event. For instance, engine damage or f a car following hydrostatic loss during the monsoons is due to the car owner of the car-owner, as he had cranked it up in a flooded area. This will not be covered by the insurer. Contractual liabilities that the policyholder has towards the car.
- car owner, if the car-owner had pledged his car to another person for a certain duration, and the car is damaged while it was used by the person to whom it was pledged, the damages incurred by the car are not covered by the policy.
- However, if the pledged car was driven by the car owner himself, the damages to the car will be covered by the insurance, as per the comprehensive coverage of the policy.
- A claim under a motor insurance policy could be for personal injury or property damage related to someone else.
- This person is called a third party for the claim purpose as the premium is also charged accordingly.
- For damage to your own insured vehicle called an own damage claim and you are eligible for this if you are holding a comprehensive policy.