Travel Insurance Travel has become an important part of life today. Traveling can be done for various purposes from leisure to work to studies or research. Every individual takes up travel for one purpose or another. With travel come lots of issues also if the trip is not very well planned. It is very difficult to fathom the unforeseen circumstances which await travel. Hence, it is very important to buy a sound and reasonable travel insurance policy taking such a trip because it safeguards the interests of the policyholder on a trip. Having a good travel insurance policy takes care of many problems and issues arising on travel like loss of passports, loss of documents, loss of belongings, baggage loss, sickness or medical emergencies, trip cancellation, or flight delays.
The Travel Policy or Overseas Mediclaim as You may like to term it but it’s an integral part of your Travel Plan. You should be particular with the policy not because it’s required for the purpose of a Visa but also because accidents in life always come unattended. And should you get caught in a situation that requires some immediate attention or assistance the Policy comes in handy? However, it is very important to understand the limitation the policy has as the expenses when incurred in foreign currency can be very hard on your pocket. Your right knowledge of the technicalities of the feature of the policy is important and it’s always better to be linked to your advisor for any emergency you may face in a Foreign Land which is indeed the unknown for most of us.
Type of Travel Insurance Policy
- Pre-existing diseases: Any Pre-Existing Medical condition/Ailments declared or undeclared will be excluded from the policy except in case of a Lifesaving unforeseen emergency.
- Dental Treatment: Insured persons cannot file a claim for routine dental check-ups under the travel insurance policy. It would only cover acute dental pain or any dental injury resulting from an accident during your trip. Loss or Damage due to mental Disorders/Suicide Attempt: Any self-inflicted damage or suicide attempt by the insured person would not be covered.
- Complications due to Pregnancy and Childbirth: During your travel, any health problems associated with pregnancy and childbirth are not covered. Natural Adversities that Begin before your Policy purchase: Travel insurance provides insurance coverage for natural calamities like earthquakes, hurricanes, storms etc. during the travel but does not cover if it occurs immediately before the start of travelling.
- Adventure Sports and Activities: Most travel insurance policies do not cover any adventure sports like rafting, mountaineering, skiing, bungee jumping, or scuba diving. You will be performing these activities at your own risk.
- Bad Weather Conditions: Due to excessive rain and bad weather conditions, if you suddenly have to cancel you curtail your trip, you are not eligible to be compensated by your travel insurance company. If it leads to the cancellation of your flight, only then would it be covered.
- Indian students between 16 to 35 years, enrolled and attending college as full-time students outside India are eligible.
- Student must be physically located in India at the time of purchase of the student insurance policy.
- Only one policy must be bought for a particular period of time.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Flight Delay
- Accident & Sickness Medical Exp.
- Trip Cancellation
- Delay Flight
- Bounced Booking of Hotel and Airline Delay
- Loss of Passport